05 Oct, 2021
HEC Announces MS and Ph.D. Scholarships For World’s Top Ranked Universities
The higher education commission of Pakistan has announced the MS and Ph.D. scholarships for the World’s top QS-ranked universities under advanced skills development through international scholarships. The candidates can apply in the various study fields according to their interests. The offered domains are Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Software Engineering and Information Technology. The candidates have to meet the mentioned requirements in order to secure the scholarships announced by the commission.
Following is the eligibility criteria for MS and Ph.D. Scholarships announced by HEC.
- The candidates must be national of Pakistan/AJK.
- The candidates must have a bachelor's or master’s degree (BS in computer science, software engineering, information technology, and BS/BE computer engineering, electrical engineering avionics) for MS scholarships and BS/MS/M.Phil in computer science, software engineering, information technology, computer engineering, electrical engineering, avionics, and other relevant field for Ph.D. scholarships.
- The candidates should have 1st division or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or 75% marks in the final degree for Ph.D. scholarships.
- The candidates must have 2nd division or CGPA 2.5 out of 4.0 in the final degree for MS scholarships.
- The candidates have a maximum of two 2nd divisions and no 3rd division throughout their academic career.
- The age limit for MS scholarships is 35 years and the age limit for Ph.D. scholarships is 40 years.
- The candidates must have the requisite qualification on or before the closing date of application.
- The candidates availing of any other scholarship announced by the higher education commission of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Instructions For Candidates
- All scholarships will be awarded to the candidates on a merit basis as per the federal government quota policy.
- The candidates will be short-listed on the basis of the HEC aptitude test score and only the short-listed candidates will be called for the interview by the commission.
- The applications will be processed on the basis of data provided in the online application form provided by the applicants. In any case, if the information is found to be forged then the application form of the candidate will be rejected.
- On the completion of the MS and Ph.D. program, all scholarship awardees are to be returned to Pakistan immediately to serve for a period of minimum period of four to six years respectively. No request for a waiver for the purpose of service bond will be entertained in any case.
- The candidates who abscond during or after the completion of their degrees will be charged twice the expenses in the foreign currency incurred by the scholarship program on them.
- Obtaining visas from their relevant country will be the responsibility of candidates.
- The admission requirements must be met by the candidates.
- The scholarships will be expired if the selected candidate cannot secure admission in the mentioned academic session.
Procedure for Application Submission
- The application must be submitted by the candidates through the online web portal of the Higher education commission by 25th October 2021.
- The applicants are required to submit the application processing fee of Rs.500/-in the favor of the director-general, finance, HEC. The fee must be deposited in the Habib Bank Limited.
- The education testing council will conduct the HEC aptitude test and the schedule will be provided to the students so that they can appear in the test.