LUMHS (Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences)
Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences (LUMHS) is situated in Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan. Liaquat University of medical and health sciences being the primary public-sector medical university in Pakistan is fully conscious of its leadership role in medical education, patient care, and medical research.
LUMHS MCAT Medical Entry Test 2021
Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences (LUMHS) supervises entry test for admissions to MBBS and BDS programs. MCAT of LUMHS is conducted in November once a year. The date of MCAT Admissions and entry test registration is normally announced in mid-October.
LUMHS Entry Test Pattern
Following is the pattern of the LUMHS Entry Test.
Total MCQs: 100
Physics: 30 MCQs
Chemistry: 30 MCQs
Biology: 30 MCQs
English: 10 MCQs
1 hour is allowed for the Entry Test.
MBBS / BDS Eligibility
A-Level (with English, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry) with 60% minimum marks, HSC (Pre-Medical Group) with 60% minimum marks required in IBCC. Invariance Canadian /American high school certificate with 3.0 minimum GPA accompanied by an invariance certificate from IBCC of 60% minimum marks 12 Grade from any country with English, Physics Chemistry and Biology accompanied by equivalence certificate from IBCC with 60% minimum marks.
- Candidates who apply for MCAT admission in LUMHS below the different categories of Merit, Disabled, Merit Cum-Choices, and UEAP (Local Self Finance) must be permanent residents and domicile of respective districts of Sindh tagged to LUMHS & candidate's father must even be domicile and PRC of an equivalent district or of Sindh province apart from Karachi, but not out of Sindh province.
- Admission in BDS on UEAP (Local Self Finance) goes to tend on a district-wise merit basis to candidates who are domicile of Sindh province (except Karachi).
- Candidates for admission under the admission category “University Development Program" must even be domiciled of the tagged district of LUMHS Jamshoro.
Merit-Based Free ships
- Remission of the complete or half tuition fee could also be allowed by the free ship committee not exceeding quite 10% of the scholars. Remission of fee means exemption of paying tuition fee only full or half because the case may by. A student who is granted full or half remission of tuition fee shall be required to form full payment for all other subscriptions/funds.
- Application for remission shall be submitted by the scholars on the date to be fixed by the free ship committee. The appliance should be amid an income certificate from DCOs or Mukhtiarkar (Revenue) of the concerned district/Taluka to which the student belongs.
- Grand of such remission will depend on the circumstances of the scholars to his/her studies.
- Remission is going to be granted on yearly basis on fresh applications invited per annum.
- Students who are receiving stipends won't be eligible for free of charge ship concession.
Following Students Are Eligible For Freeship:
- Poverty cum merit basis
- High academic percentage basis.
- Brother and sister basis or two brothers or two sisters in this university (one should pay full fee than other is eligible for full free ship of tuition fee)
LUMHS Entry Test Is Supervised By The National Testing Service (NTS).
Candidates can select any test center which is nearest to Residence for his/her convenience. Select near the city for the entry test.
- According to PMDC, the Candidate must have a minimum of 70% Marks in fsc /o-level. The candidate must score a minimum of 60% marks within the LUMHS Entry Test for Admission in any medical college of Sindh.
- It is mandatory for candidates having domicile of Sindh Province to seem within the entry test for Admission in MBBS/BDS program publicly & Private sector Medical Universities/Colleges of Sindh Province.
- Mere appearance in Entry Test doesn't confer the proper to say Admission in any Medical & Dental University/College. All the Admissions shall be provided in accordance with the Allocation of seats at respective Universities / Colleges and on a purely on Merit basis.
Pattern Of Entry Test
Here is that the Complete entry test paper pattern.
Entry test shall comprise of one Question paper containing 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Divided into the subsequent 04 (four) Sections:
- Biology: 80 MCQs
- Chemistry: 60 MCQs
- Physics: 40 MCQs
- English: 20 MCQs
- Total Marks 200 and there shall be no negative marking within the test.
- The duration of the test shall be 150 Minutes (2 Hours, half-hour).
- The Passing Marks shall be 60% (i.e. 120/200) within the test.
Registration Guide Step By Step
Follow this step for Registration.
- Candidates are advised to submit just one form.
- No form is going to be entertained, which is received after the prescribed Deadline.
- Still, you've got a question? Invite Comment we'll assist you as soon as possible.